Tags: care instructions
"The garment and textile care content below is provided for informational purposes only.The National Standard "Textile Care Labeling" has been withdrawn by the Canadian General Standards Board in October 2017."
Even if the instructions and symbols are not an obligation on the label, these remain interesting information to share with your customers.
Here are examples of the most commonly used instructions for cotton knit/jersey garments to inspire you:
- Turn inside out before laundering, with similar garments, in cold water. Turn inside out and wash with similar clothes & colors, as gently as possible, in cold water.
- Transfer wet clothes quickly to the dryer.
- Avoid additives such as vinegar, salt, or bleach-based products.
- Wash with similar clothes. Avoid washing with towels or jeans which accentuate the friction on the fabric and promote premature aging and the aspect of whiteness due to the cotton fibers which break.
- Use a mild laundry soap.
- Wash in cold water each color separately.
- Tumble dry on medium heat as soon as the wash cycle is finished.
- Not letting wet fabrics sit is the best way to avoid color transfer.
- No additives should be added to your laundry such as salt, vinegar or stain remover.
Reflection : Even if the maintenance instructions give the garment maker a form of guarantee in the event of a disagreement with the client, one must not fall into unreasonable overprotection which could cause the client to feel frustrated. For example, if the industry recommends washing in cold water on a regular cycle for a comparable garment and you indicate hand wash, this may indicate that you do not want to offer any after-sales service on your garments and scare away the clients. Your turn to judge !
To know more...
- Permanent identification labels (textile composition labels), what's this ?
- brand labels, what's this ?
- Choice of ribbons
- Typical brand label designs
- Album photo labels produced by Chic Placard
- Choice of a logo and monochrome printing
- Textile fibers
- Care instructions and their icons
- The legal side and links to sources of information
- List of items exempt and not from carrying an identification tag
- Order labels frompre-printed identification
- Order labels from pre-printed brand
- Create a news custom label
- Order a re-print of an already created brand label file (2nd order and up)
- Order a reprint of a label file fromidentification permanente / composition textile already created (2nd order and +)